First ROC Weighbridge Arrives In Ireland
Precia Molen Ireland’s first ROC modular weighbridge has arrived and is due to be installed on site in Donegal soon.
About The ROC
- The ROC Modular Weighbridge is a state of the art weighbridge that surpasses all expectations. The structure of the deck is essentially a steel weighbridge encased in concrete, this offers many benefits from durability to safety as the concrete helps to protect the steel against corrosion and ensures the surface has enough grip for operation.
- Not only does the platforms design offer durability and safety but it also makes transportation and installation simple due to its modular design. The weighbridge is made of a combination of decks modules that are coupled together and allow the weighbridge to be offered in the length required by the user. This modular design also means that the standard 18 meter weighbridge can be easily transported to the site on one truck and can be unloaded with a crane mounted on the same truck keeping transport costs to a minimum.
- Another reason for the ROC weighbridge being cost effective is that only a minimal amount of civil work is necessary prior to installation due to the low profile design of the platform. another cost saving factor is that it can be installed in one day.
- The ROC weighbridge has been designed with longevity in mind so protection of load-cells and cables were of paramount importance.
- The load-cells are protected by the side of the platform itself as they are mounted in a recess which makes it possible for the load-cell to be accessed from the galvanized hatches in the top of the weighbridge (in fact the access hatches even allow full installation without the engineer having to get under the platform at all), mounting the load-cells in this recess also helps to lower the profile of the weighbridge unlike any other weighbridges on the market today where the lowest point of their weighbridge is the load-cell. The cables are in very small conduit tubes (much smaller that a €2 coin) to ensure the wires cannot be damaged by rodents as there is not enough room for them to fit in once the cable has been installed. Both of these features also help to ensure no damage occurs when pressure cleaning is done. loadcells are hermetically sealed to to IP68 ensuring ultimate performance and durability.
- Deck Restraint System
- The ROC weighbridge has also been designed with innovative end stops which ensure the bridge remains stable and weighs accurately even just after a truck has stopped. These end stops have been engineered so the they stop the deck of the weighbridge moving in both a lateral motion and a twisting motion. This design unlike most other weighbridge end stops is not affected by the the debris from trucks using the bridge as it is also installed in the recess under the bridge like the load-cells.